Sunday, March 13, 2011

Eco tip: Easy Cloth Wipe Solution

You can cut out purchasing diaper wipes all together by making your own wipe solution and using cloth wipes.  There are tons of recipes all over the internet so here is a basic one to get you started:


Mild baby soap
Baby Oil
Tea tree oil
2 cups water


Fill a pot or teakettle with water and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
Once water cools measure out 2 cups and pour into a storage container (I use canning jars to eliminate using plastic).
Add 1Tbs baby oil, 1Tbs baby soap and a few drops of tea tree oil.
Shake and pour into a spray bottle.


I store the excess in the fridge and make a large batch to last the month then refill all my spray bottles as needed.  I prefer to have dry wipes which means I spray the solution onto a dry wipe once ready to use one as opposed to keeping my wipes pre-moistened. You can use this at home or in your diaper bag (small spray bottle).  I've found it has a nice gentle smell and in the morning I can spray it on a wipe and use it to clean her face, neck etc. as well as for regular wipe use in the diaper area.

No comments:

Post a Comment